Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mixed news

So, I went to see my sports medicine doctor today. I was hoping to get clearance to start running again, but I need to be patient. My foot still hurts sometimes, and she says I have to wait until I am completely pain-free, and then I can start running a little bit at a time. I'm beginning to lose hope that I'll be able to run MCM this year.  Honestly, I am caring less and less about the marathon; I just want to run again. I miss it SO much. Spin classes and the rowing machine are not the same -- not even close. Anyway, my doctor gave me some exercises to do (i.e., picking up marbles with my feet), and forbade me from wearing any heels or flip-flops for a very long time. Totally sucks to have to wear clunky shoes in the summer.

I've been crazy busy for the past few days because I have a big national board exam tomorrow. It's crazy how many exams doctors have to take. I've taken 3 board exams in the past 2 years, and each of them cost $2,000.  The thought of failing the test is worse for financial reasons than anything else!! I cannot imagine having to pay $2,000 a second time. Ugh.

I've also been nervous because I'm starting a new job in 3 weeks. I keep having random nightmares about snakes and spiders. My little sister, a psychologist, has her own nutty Freudian interpretations of these dreams... but I think I'm just nervous about my job and the boards. :) Wish me luck tomorrow!!



6 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Thanks for the good questions on my blog. Just wanted to say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO FLIP-FLOPS or HEELS!?!?! I don't own any other kind of shoe! I'm sorry. Hopefully you'll be healing fast and able to run soon. Good luck on the exam, I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just was over commenting on Liz's blog and I saw you found her through our family blog and that your sister went to school with Tony?? Have we chatted about this before?? Please forgive me if we have and I've spaced it...what is your maiden name? Tony is really curious.:-)

    As for the marathon, you are my hero. I like to run, but have only done about 9 as my longest. I hope that heel heals quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you! There's something so special about your first. I can't wait for your little one to be born. And....you may still be in luck. I am really sick this time and was really sick with Savannah. Hospitalized twice to get IV's and phenergen through the IV too. Just could not hold anything down and got really dehydrated. With Garrett it wasn't quite that bad. So for me the girl was worse and I have heard that a lot. But I also have a lot of friends with girls that never had a lick of morning sickness. And friends with boys that had terrible morning sickness. I think it's all about how your body handles the hormones. Some people just have great pregnancies no matter the sex of the baby. I saw this kit at Walgreens called the Gender Predictor kit. In a lab it is 90% correct and with regular people it's 82% correct. It's fun and you only have to be 10 weeks prego to do it! I am doing that but not finding out for sure on the ultrasound. You should do both so we can see how accurate they are! Keep me updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling so much better now! I still have sinus headaches, but the doctor said I could take sudafed so I'm thankful for that. The water weight went away but not being sick really helped push my weight up quickly! So are you having a boy or a girl? It's getting so close! Before you know it the baby will be here...are you about 6 months now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I'll bet he is a doll! How much did he weigh? You should post pictures on here! :) That's awesome that your labor was so stinking fast. How nice for a first baby. I think with our first I had to push almost 3 hours! I do remember thinking with Garrett that the pregnancy was going by so slowly and then with Savannah it still went by pretty slow but I had Garrett to keep me busy and now with the 2 of them combined the days go by so fast I just know I'm gonna stop one day and they'll all be grown and moved away. Enjoy your little guy and I hope he's an excellent sleeper for you :)

    ReplyDelete